Makes 8 potato skins from Life’s Ambrosia
- 4 yukon medium gold potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 – 1 1/2 cups shredded colby jack cheese
- 1 green onion diced
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon horseradish
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Brush potatoes with olive oil and sprinkle with kosher salt and bake for 45 minutes – 1 hour or until a fork can be inserted to the potatoes easily.
- Once potatoes are cool enough to touch, cut in half and carefully remove the flesh. Try not to break the skins. I’d recommend saving the flesh for baked potato soup.
- Increase the oven temperature to 450 degrees. Spray a cooling rack with cooking spray. Place the potato skins, skin side up on the cooling rack. Bake for an additional 15 minutes or until skins are crispy.
- Remove potato skins from oven. Divide shredded cheese evenly between the potato skins. Sprinkle with green onions. Bake for 5 more minutes or until the cheese is melted. You can also place them under the broiler for 2 – 3 minutes to get the cheese hot and bubbly.
- In a bowl mix the sour cream, horseradish and Worcestershire sauce. Place a dollop on top of each potato skin. Serve immediately.
Looking for something to make for a Superbowl party? You should try these potato skins. Food and the commercials are pretty much the only thing good about the Super Bowl right? I’m not a very big foot ball fan. I’ve never been invited to a Superbowl party either. If somebody would invite me I’d ask if there’d be any food there and just go for that. lol. Don’t forget the spending time with friends part too.
I don’t like football for quite a number of reasons.
1. None of the players are hot.
2. You have to stare at a bunch of big blubbery butts for 4 quarters.
3. A quarter could turn into almost 2 hours, the last 2 minutes anyway.
4. None of the half time acts are ever good.
5. The Vikings never make it into the Super Bowl.
I love making these potato skins now ever since I came across them here. The potato skin turns out nice and crispy and you can top them with whatever you like. I decided not to add any bacon to mine, but you certainly can add that on top of these if you like. If you’re looking for something to make for a superbowl party make these!