Ever wondered how to make your own taco salad bowls???? Here’s how.
1. Place 4 ramekins on a cookie sheet tray large enough to fit 4. Preheat Oven to 400 degrees.
2. Spray corn tortillas with non stick cooking spray on both sides. and ramekins. Place corn tortilla over ramekins.
3. Bake until golden. About 12 minutes. While taco bowls are baking ground some beef or turkey.
4. Add seasoning to beef/turkey mixture and prepare your fixings. I like avocados, lettuce, salsa, cheese, etc.
Here is the recipe I used for the taco seasoning. Making your own seasoning mix is another way of reducing sodium in your daily diet. Those packets that you buy in the store are loaded with sodium! Serve some Tostitos Black Bean and Garlic Artisan chips with your taco bowl salads. Yum, those are my new favorite chips now. A good thing there kind of expensive (mine were $4.00 a bag) because I’d be buying them all the time if they weren’t. 🙂
- 4 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 3 teaspoons chili powder*
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a small bowl, combine all of the ingredients. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 1 year.