Calories 211 | Total Fat 4.29g | Total Carbohydrate 38.14g | Dietary Fiber 0.7g | Protein 4.56g | 6 points +
Yield | 24 mini donuts (I used a donut pan that could get 6)
½ cup granulated sugar
Zest of 1 lemon
1¼ cups cake flour, sifted
1¼ tsp. baking powder
¾ tsp. salt
½ cup buttermilk
1 egg, lightly beaten
1½ tbsp. butter, melted
½ teaspoon of vanilla
Prepare pan with baking spray.
1. Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. In a small bowl combine sugar and lemon zest until the sugar is moistened and fragrant.
2. In a large mixing bowl, sift together cake flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir in sugar mixture.
3. Add buttermilk, egg, butter, and vanilla and stir until just combined.
4. Add batter to a piping bag and fill each donut cup approximately one-half full.
5. Bake 4–6 minutes or until the top of the donuts spring back when touched.
6. Let cool in pan for 4–5 minutes before removing. Finish the donuts with glaze, sprinkles, or cinnamon sugar.
I think there’s a type of pan for practically EVERYTHING. Even donuts. The first time I tried making donuts they ended up looking like bagel pancakes, because I didn’t have this pan. I had no idea that you could get a donut pan until about a few weeks ago. There’s a Cake and Candy store just a couple blocks down from where I live, that had them. The pan was 15.00 and I think it was worth the buy.
These turned out so cute! Some of them took longer than 5 minutes to bake because the bottom was still kind of mushy after five minutes. For decoration I just dipped them in chocolate, and sprinkled them with some St Patrick’s Day sprinkles that I got from Wilton. One day, I’m going to have every pan imaginable and every colored and Holiday sprinkles there is!