Sorry, I would have posted this recipe earlier, but these bars were eaten up so fast before I could take a picture of them! Really, they’re that good. I found this recipe on pinterest and one of the things I’ve noticed is that people are obsessed with S’mores! I’m also on pinterest and if you want to follow me my link is below.
I know these bars aren’t the greatest calorie wise, but hold on. I promise I’ll have a dessert coming up that’s low in calories and very patriotic. Just in time for the 4th of July. If you’re wondering what to take to your 4th of July get together, you could take these and only have a little bite or a small piece.
Ingredients: from The Girl Who Ate Everything
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 king-sized milk chocolate bars (e.g. Hershey’s)
- 1 1/2 cups marshmallow creme/fluff (not melted marshmallows)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8-inch square baking pan.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light. Beat in egg and vanilla. In a small bowl, whisk together flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder and salt. Add to butter mixture and mix at a low speed until combined.
- Divide dough in half and press half of dough into an even layer on the bottom of the prepared pan. Place chocolate bars over dough. 2 king-sized Hershey’s bars should fit perfectly side by side, but break the chocolate (if necessary) to get it to fit in a single layer no more than 1/4 inch thick. Spread chocolate with marshmallow creme or fluff. Place remaining dough in a single layer on top of the fluff (most easily achieved by flattening the dough into small shingles and laying them together).
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until lightly browned. Cool completely before cutting into bars.
Makes 16 cookie bars.