This dish was missing something. Ben thinks it was meat and I thought it needed more spice. The crusty cheese on the top was my favorite part. I know all pasta tastes the same, but I want to try it again with spaghetti noodles and try adding some more spices to it. Use a jar of store bought marinara sauce to make life so much easier. I wonder if the noodles could bake in the oven with the pasta sauce instead of boiling them in the water for a little while????
Nutrition Info: Calories 328 | Fat 10.87g | Carbohydrate 43.44g | Fiber 7.3g | Protein 17.03g
Points Plus: 8
Servings: 8 (If using regular pasta, the points plus value is 10 per serving)
Using Whole Wheat Pasta
- 2 cans whole peeled tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves smashed and peeled
- 3/4 pound spagetti
- 2 cups diced mozzarella
- Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400*
- Set a large pot of salted water to boil.
- In a food processor, pulse tomatoes until chopped.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high and add garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add tomatoes and bring to a boil.
- Add Italian seasoning and salt to taste.
- Cook until sauces starts to thicken
- Meanwhile, cook pasta for 5 minutes. Drain pasta and return to pot.
- Add tomato sauce and half of the mozzarella and toss to combine.
- Transfer mixture to a 3-quart baking dish and top with remaining cheese.
- bake until cheese is golden. About 20-25 minutes.