You guys liked the bubble up enchiladas so much, that I decided to try the bubble up pizza version of it. I’ve seen it pinned so many times now, that the enchilada version has become my most popular post on my blog. Yay, thank you to everybody for making that post such a success!
The pizza version is just as good and easy as the enchilada version. I do however, like the enchilada version, best so far. Always keep a can of biscuits in your fridge and you can pull together a week night meal as easy as this, in a snap. Turkey pepperoni is actually pretty good too, and tastes just like the fatty kind. Minus the grease. Go out and try some turkey pepperoni if you haven’t tried it yet.
- 1 pound 96% lean ground beef
- 2 teaspoons onion powder, or 1 onion, chopped
- 16 ounces tomato sauce
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 15 ounces refrigerated buttermilk biscuits, buttermilk
- Add whatever typical pizza toppings you like, green pepper, turkey pepperoni, mushrooms, etc.
- 1¼ cups part skim milk mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 F. In skillet, brown meat over medium high heat until browned, stirring to crumble. Stir in onion powder, tomato sauce, basil, garlic and Italian seasoning.
- Add quartered biscuits; stir gently until biscuits are covered with sauce. Mix in toppings of your choosing. Spoon mixture into a 9x13 inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese; bake an additional 10 minutes or until biscuits are done. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Divide pizza into 8 equal servings