I made these for treat day and the sandwiches were a big hit. The buffalo wing sauce makes the chicken really runny, and everyone thought that it could have been a little bit thicker. Next time, I’m going to try adding some flour or cornstarch to thicken the sauce up a bit. They were calling them buffalo sloppy joes. Ha ha.
The recipe makes a lot. I ended up doubling the recipe and used 6 pounds of boneless chicken, and now I have a lot of buffalo chicken to use up. That’s ok though, because I am a buffalo chicken lover freak and I look forward to using up the leftovers. Too bad the husband doesn’t like buffalo chicken, he’s missing out.
Points Plus: 4 (just chicken, sauce, and seasoning)Print
Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches
- 4 frozen skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 (17.5 fluid ounce) bottle buffalo wing sauce, divided
- 1/2 (1 ounce) package dry ranch salad dressing mix
- 6 hoagie rolls, split lengthwise
- Place the frozen chicken breasts into a slow cooker, and pour in 3/4 of the wing sauce and the ranch dressing mix. Cover, and cook on Low for 7 to 8 hours.
- Once the chicken has cooked, add the butter, and shred the meat finely with two forks. Pile the meat onto the hoagie rolls, and splash with the remaining buffalo wing sauce to serve.