I’m 33 years old today. Just another year older to eat more bacon. 😉 Tonight I’m celebrating by having friends over and having cake and ice cream, S’mores, a fire pit, and some drinks. It will be a load of fun.
I decided to make something fun and colorful for my Birthday. I had this idea of making a fruit and yogurt rainbow parfait, and layer yogurt and fruit in a jar. I tried several times to make the layers look pretty too. Eventually, I just got fed up with it because the layers weren’t all even looking and decided to toss everything into a bowl. That worked out much better. This parfait/salad has strawberries, mandarin oranges, pineapple, kiwi, and blueberries on top and then some low fat vanilla yogurt and honey. Feel free to add in some granola to the layers. It’s a free country, do whatever you like! 🙂
This one above almost worked. Almost!
See what I mean by giving up? 😉Print
Rainbow Fruit and Yogurt Parfait
- 1 1/2 cups of non fat greek yogurt
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- honey for drizzle
- 2 kiwis
- 1 jar of mandarin oranges
- 1 jar of canned pineapple (or fresh)
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- In a small bowl mix together the greek yogurt and vanilla
- Place a couple of strawberries on the bottom of a jar or glass and then top with yogurt.
- Repeat this step 4 more times with the orange, yellow, green, and blue layers.
Smart Points: 0 per serving
Makes 2 servings