You want to know what term I don’t get? Clean eating.
It makes me think of someone who eats and cleans the house at the same time. I’m picturing a person chowing down on a piece of lettuce while they’re sweeping the floor. Ha ha get it? Good. That’s my joke for the day. Hope it made you laugh a bit. 🙂
I’m sharing this salad recipe for everyone today because it’s what I usually get when I go to the deli. I love walnuts, chicken, feta cheese, and dried cranberries on top of romaine lettuce. I was trying to figure out a way I could do something different to it. Then it hit me. Candied walnuts with cinnamon and sugar. It will give the walnuts a little bit of flavor and sweeten the salad up a bit. My favorite poppy seed dressing is best on top of this, or some other kind of sweet salad dressing like French. Enjoy.
- 2 cups of Romaine Lettuce
- 1 to 2 tablespoons of dried cranberry
- 1 to 2 tablespoons of feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons of cooked chicken
- 1 tsp of olive oil
- ½ cup of walnuts
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- Toast the walnuts in a pan with some olive oil and add the nuts, cinnamon and sugar. Stir frequently until the nuts have warmed through and you can start to smell the cinnamon and sugar.
- Assemble the salad. In a bowl combine the lettuce, feta cheese, cranberries, and walnuts. Serve with your favorite dressing. I like poppy seed.
The smell of these nuts toasting reminded me of the Street Fair. That’s the first food I can usually smell whenever I go to those things and there’s always someone giving samples of those too.
I love this salad, and I probably get it 2 times a week.