Hello everyone, I hope everyone had a nice Valentine’s Day. Mine wasn’t so great. On our way to taking my husband to the airport, we discovered my car had a flat tire. It’s completely flat, and I don’t know how to change them. Tomorrow, I’m going to have to call around the city and ask different car dealerships who can pick my car up and take it in to have a tire replaced. Thankfully, my husband still has his car at home and I can drive that around all week. His car tires were replaced this Fall so I don’t have to worry about those going out while he’s gone.
I’m home alone until Friday this week. That means, I can eat the following food: buffalo chicken anything, cheesy food, pizza, and ranch dressing on top of anything. My husband is in Slovakia, so I’m enjoying the house all to myself. People have asked me why I don’t go with him. I am terrified of traveling by myself. He is in meetings all day long, so that would mean that I would be stuck inside a hotel room scared to death of going anywhere in a country that I don’t speak any foreign language in. The only foreign language I know is Spanish. Hola, donde esta el bano in Slovakia probably won’t work. I do want to travel somewhere though, it’s been so stinking cold out and some place warm would be nice. Maybe Hawaii, the Bahamas, or Puerto Rico.
Corn and jalapenos are a match made in heaven. I first tried this dip last week, and really loved it with some Tostito chips. I even added some chorizo to the dip and that made it even better. You can add in whatever you feel would work with this dip. Football season is over with, but this dip would be terrific to take to a football game party or to any pot luck. This dip can be made Weight Watcher Friendly if using low fat cream cheese and sour cream and or fat free ingredients as well. The original recipe calls for regular cream cheese.
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 3 (15.25-ounces) cans whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and diced
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded Pepper Jack cheese
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add bacon and cook until brown and crispy, about 6-8 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate; set aside.
- Place corn, jalapenos, sour cream, Pepper Jack cheese and Parmesan into a slow cooker; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Stir until well combined. Top with cream cheese.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 2 hours.
- Uncover and stir until cream cheese is well combined. Cover and cook on high heat for an additional 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately, garnished with bacon and chives, if desired.