*Sigh tomorrow is Monday.
All it did today was rain. Rain, rain, rain all day long. It was a lazy and damp Sunday. The sun managed to come out for a bit around 3:45 in order to snap these pics really quickly. I spent most of the day watching Food Network and trying to clean my kitchen. Then I was wondering why my traffic is so low for today, because usually on Sunday it is the highest day. Then I forgot, today is Mother’s Day and usually if there’s a Holiday on the weekend that means a day of low traffic. Do any of you other bloggers experience that or is it just me? Ha, speaking of blogging, I’ve been thinking about writing a series of posts on things that bother me about blogging, cause let’s face it. Sometimes being a blogger can be really frustrating.
These are the easiest danishes you could possibly make, because the secret is using a can of Pillsbury crescent rolls. No kneading or making your own puff pastry for these. That is however on my bucket list of foods to try making one of these days. The center of the danishes is cream cheese with a little bit of powdered sugar. Bake them in the oven for about 15 minutes and when they come out drizzle some chocolate over the top and top with bacon. I was a bit lazy after yoga class today, and this ended up being my dinner. Don’t tell anyway mmk? J/k. 🙂
- 6 oz cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 can Pillsbury™ Grands!™ Big & Flaky refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1 egg, beaten
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- ½ cup Jif® Chocolate Flavored Hazelnut Spread
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line large cookie sheet with parchment paper. In small bowl, beat cream cheese and powdered sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth.
- Remove dough from can; do not unroll. Cut into 8 slices. Place cut side down 2 inches apart on cookie sheet. Press each slice into 3-inch round. Press 1½-inch-wide indentation in center of each round. Spoon 1½ tablespoons cream cheese mixture into each indentation. Brush edges with beaten egg.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook bacon over medium heat 15 minutes, stirring frequently, until crisp. Drain well.
- In small microwavable bowl, mix chocolate hazelnut spread and espresso powder. Microwave on High 30 seconds; stir. Drizzle over rolls. Sprinkle with bacon.