Warning!!!! Please consult your health provider before eating this french toast. May cause your blood sugar levels to sky rocket.
In the middle of the french toast is chocolate-hazelnut spread, marshmallows, and just to make things exciting a bit, I stuffed some leftover mega-stuffed Oreos in there. See why I told you to consult your health care provider? I had to get rid of them some how didn’t I? Then to top that bread off you dip the french toast in the custard and then the graham cracker crumbs. It is so fun to dip french toast in different things. I’ve seen on Food Network people using cereal, but these graham cracker crumbs… oh man… This is ridiculous, and it’s almost like a decadent dessert.
Hope your week is going well so far! Ta ta.
- 6 graham crackers, finely crushed
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 slices of Texas Toast
- 12 Mega Stuffed Oreos or any oreos would do
- 1 cup Mini marshmallows
- ¼ cup chocolate hazel nut spread
- Spread hazel nut spread on one slice of bread, and top with marshmallows and 3 oreos. Place another slice of bread on top of that to make sandwich. Repeat this step 3 more times.
- In a bowl combine the milk, eggs, and vanilla extract and stir well.
- Crush the graham cracker crumbs in a plastic bag with a wood mallet or in a food processor and place in a bowl.
- Dunk the sandwiches in the egg mixture and then the graham cracker crumbs. Repeat this step 3 more times until all the sandwiches have been coated.
- Preheat a griddle.
- Place the 4 french toasts on the grill and cook on each side until the bread has turned golden brown color. Once they are done top with more marshmallows if desired and sprinkle with maple syrup.