Do you know who likes bananas? Minions like bananas. BA-NAN-AS! Ok, sorry I had to get that out of my system.
This is a great after school snack for when your little minions go back to school. It’s super quick and easy too. Just freeze the bananas in a freezer bag. Before you want to make the ice cream, set a timer and let the bananas defrost for awhile. I set mine for 20 minutes. Use a blender or food processor to puree the bananas and cocoa powder. The consistency will become smooth like ice cream and it’s a super healthy after school treat.
So far, this has been a pretty awesome week. A Yummly news letter went out on Tuesday morning and my recipe for Buffalo Chicken Pizza was in it. Then a post of mine started to go viral on Pinterest Monday morning. Usually, I have no luck with pins in the morning and was quite surprised at that. I also got two recipes featured on Skinnymom which is another awesome resource for Weight Watcher recipes.
- 3 large bananas, frozen
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder (optional)
- 1 tablespoon of pb2 (powdered peanut butter
- In a food processor puree frozen bananas and almond milk until smooth. Serve immediately.
- Additional toppings you can add in are PB2 and cocoa powder.
Bananas have lots of carbs and when you add in more than one banana into a recipe, it isn't zero points anymore.