Hey guys! Guess what?! I get my oven on Saturday this week and I can’t wait because that is also Halloween! I’m going to be a Spider’s Sorcerer this year. What are you going to be?
Last Saturday, I met an awesome group of people who are foodies like me! I have been wanting to find a group of people in town like this for a long time, and I found the group on meetup.com. Have you ever used that site before? You’d be amazed. You can use it to meet new people who have similar interests and hobbies such as you do. The group is called Fargo Cookbook Junkies.
We were supposed to bring our favorite appetizer recipe to share, and I felt bad because I totally missed that message. There was this recipe that I just loved that the owner of the group on meetup.com made, her name is Jean and this is where I got the recipe from. It’s a layered dip of cream cheese, shrimp cocktail sauce, tomatoes, green onions, cheese, and shrimp. It’s like someone took shrimp cocktail and gave it a twist, but it’s even better because you can dip it with chips. Thanks for the recipe! This dip would be fun to make for a Holiday party because of the red and green colors.
- 8 ounces of cream cheese (reduced fat)
- 8 ounces of sour cream (reduced fat)
- ½ cup mayonnaise (reduced fat)
- 1-9oz jar of cocktail sauce
- 2 cans of baby shrimp
- 1 8oz package of mozzarella cheese (reduced fat)
- 2-3 tomatoes diced
- 1 bunch of green onions chopped
- Mix cream cheese, sour cream, and mayo in a bowl until creamy. I used a hand mixer. Spread on platter. Spread cocktail sauce on top of the cream cheese mixture. Top with the rest of the ingredients. Can serve with tortilla chips.
Smart Points: 5