This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #OREODunkChallenge #CollectiveBias
Today, I am upgrading an older recipe that I did awhile ago for a recipe called OREO Icebox cake. I thought it was ok, but it needed some flavor enhancements. The cake was just OREOS and Cool whip. Kind of boring and blah if you ask me. I made it 100 times better by adding some cream cheese, peanut butter, and chocolate fudge sauce to the Cool whip layer. Then I dunked the OREOS in milk so that later on when the cake sits in the fridge or Ice box, the OREOS will become almost a cake like layer.
I purchased my OREOS at Hornbacher’s Supervalu store on University Ave. I love this store because it’s only 3 blocks away from where I live. You can find the OREOs in Aisle 8. I’m pretty sure the lady who checked me out was giving me odd looks when I purchased 4 containers of OREOS. 🙂
Just look at all those fun layers!
- 1 8 oz package of cream cheese
- 1 container of cool whip
- ½ cup of peanut butter plus 2 tablespoons more for drizzle
- ½ cup of fudge sauce
- 36 oreos
- 1 cup of milk (will not use it all)
- Dunk each Oreo in milk and lay them on the bottom of an 8X8 pan. In a medium combine, combine the cream cheese, cool whip, peanut butter, and nutella. Mix well.
- Spread half of the nutella and peanut butter mix over the first layer of oreos.
- Dunk more oreos in milk until there's enough to fill the pan for the 3rd layer.
- Spread the rest of the nutella and peanut butter mix over the last layer of oreos.
- Crush 5 oreos in a bag and sprinkle over the top of the dessert. Melt 2 tablespoons of peanut butter in the microwave until smooth and drizzle over the top. Place the dessert in fridge for 2 hrs until set.