One thing I love about being on Weight Watchers is still being able to have sandwiches. Jennie-O kindly sent me 3 different flavors of their turkey breast: sun dried tomato, cajun, and oven roasted turkey breast. Click on the links to find out nutrition info for all 3 turkey breasts! The turkey breast meat came fully cooked and ready to serve on sandwiches. My favorite was the Cajun. The cajun turkey was really good inside a club style sandwich. The best part about that sandwich was that it was only 5 points which leaves plenty of room for chips on the side!
I also made a Turkey Salad with apples, pecans, dried cranberries and mayo. If you’re low carb just serve this over some lettuce and you have 2 very healthy lunches. I learned a neat little trick at work for cutting sandwiches. You slice them into triangles and hold the sandwiches in place with some frill picks. I didn’t have any frill picks at home so I just stuck a wooden scewer inside the sandwich in order to make it stay together. This would be a fun presentation to take to Summer BBQ or get together on a holiday!
- For the Turkey Club Sandwich:
- 2 slices of 45 calorie bread
- 1 tablespoon of light mayo
- alphapha sprouts
- 2 slices of tomato
- 2 ouunces of Jennie-0 Hickory Smoked Cajun turkey breast
- 45 calorie thin slice Swiss cheese
- Essemble the sandwich. Spread mayo on one slice of bread. Place the turkey breast, cheese, sprouts, and tomatoes in the middle of two slices of bread. Serve with low calorie chips and a pickle. Enjoy!
- For the Turkey Salad
- 2 cups of Jennie-O Premium Oven roasted turkey, diced
- 1 apple diced
- ⅔ cup of light mayo
- ⅓ cup of dried cranberries
- ½ cup of chopped pecans
- salt and pepper to taste
- Dice turkey breast into small bite size pieces. Place into bowl with all the rest of the ingredients and serve on lettuce or sliced bread