This post is sponsored by Jennie-o. I received some frozen Turkey burgers when I was on vacation and forgot to mention to my neighbors that I was getting them in the mail when I was on vacation. They were picking up my mail for me and kindly kept them these burgers in their fridge until I got back. Thanks!
I made these pizza turkey burgers in my cast iron skillet and then finished cooking them in the oven so the cheese melts but you could totally do these on the grill too. I seasoned the burgers with some garlic powder and then topped them with mozzarella cheese and turkey pepperoni. I finished baking them in the oven a long with the buns that I dressed up with my famous garlic butter that goes pretty much on top of everything. These burgers were so juicy and tasted like a pizza! Dip these bad boys in some marinara sauce and serve with some french fries, chips, or fresh fruit as a side. Any pizza/burger lover will love these!
- 4 Jennie-O 90/10 Lean Turkey Burgers
- 4 hamburger buns
- 1 cup of Mozzarella Cheese
- 12 slices of Turkey Pepperoni
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon of Italian Seasoning
- ¼ cup of butter, melted
- ⅛ cup of parmesan cheese
- 1 cup of Marinara Sauce
- In a preheated cast iron skillet, cook the turkey burgers for 4 minutes on one side and flip. After two minutes of cooking on the other side top the turkey burgers with mozzarella cheese and 3 slices of turkey pepperoni.
- In a bowl combine the butter, Italian Seasoning, and Parmesan cheese. Melt in the microwave for 30 to 45 seconds and stir the ingredients together.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- On a sheet pan lay the burger buns flat down and brush the buns with garlic butter.
- Bake the buns for 8 minutes or until golden brown. Bake the burgers in the oven while the buns are also getting toasted.
- Place the burgers on the buns and serve with marinara sauce for dipping. Enjoy!