Crispy Oven Baked Fries – healthy baked oven fries seasoned with garlic and onion powder and also cooked with no oil!
Ever heard of the “Potato diet”? Look it up on Youtube (my go to social media site lately) You pretty much eat potatoes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Potatoes are low in sodium, make you feel full, and believe it or not they actually have protein. 1 potato weighing around 560 grams has around 15 grams of protein. That’s about how much a medium to large sized russet potato weighs. This diet proves that you don’t have to give up carbs in order to lose weight.
I followed this diet for 2 days and in the morning I would make hash brown waffles and that made me feel so satisfied up until lunch. Then for lunch, I would make these oven baked fries and have a salad with tomatoes, cucumbers, and lettuce. Baked potatoes are also good. I was so surprised that this did not make feel hungry at all between meals and I didn’t snack which is one of my biggest problems.
To make these baked potato fries I used butter flavored oil spray and put a wire rack on my sheet pan. This way the potatoes are evenly baked on both sides. My go to spice seasonings are onion powder, garlic powder, and parsley flakes. I baked them for 40 minutes at 400 degrees. Hope you like them.
Crispy Oven Baked Fries
- 2 large russet potatoes (weighing around 300 g each)
- 1 to 2 tsp of garlic powder
- 1 to 2 tsp of onion powder
- 1 tsp of parsley flakes
- salt and pepper optional
- Butter oil spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut the potato into wedges. Refer to picture above to see how they are cut. Sprinkle onion powder, garlic powder, and parsley over the fries in a bowl and toss them until the seasoning is well coated over the fries. I really don’t measure this I just eyeball it.
- Place a wire rack over a sheet and lay the fries on the wire rack. Bake for 40 minutes or until the fries get crispy. No need to flip them! Enjoy with your favorite condiments!
Divide potatoes into 4 equal servings
9 smart points per serving
This recipe can very in serving size and points. Please check the weight of your potatoes first.
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 174
- Sugar: 2
- Fat: 0
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 5