Blender salsa might be THE BEST salsa and EASIEST salsa I’ve ever made. Have you ever ate at Moe’s Mexican restaurant? It’s like a Qdoba Mexican Grill or Chipotle if you’ve never tried it before. They are known for their queso dip. I like their fresh salsas. This salsa almost reminds me of one of their salsas they have at their restaurant. What I like most about this salsa is the only equipment needed to make this is a food processor/blender. No cooking on the stove top required. I’ll probably be bringing this to the lake this summer.
The first 3 ingredients you probably already have in your pantry too! Canned tomatoes and canned tomatoes with chiles. I added in some cumin for some spice and then topped the salsa on top of some tostadas. I love tostadas. They’re an easy meatless meal to make and doesn’t require any use of pots and pans. Just warm the beans and shells in a microwave.
My dog tried to get some too.
- 28 ounces whole or diced tomatoes
- 1 12 ounce can diced tomatoes and chiles
- 1 4 ounce can diced green chiles
- optional: 1 jalapeño, seeded and finely diced
- ⅔ cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- juice of 1 lime (or more to taste)
- ½ white onion, diced
- ½ red onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- salt + pepper to taste (for me this is about 3 teaspoons salt, 2 teaspoons pepper)
For the rest of the recipe, please visit Creme De La Crumb
Calories 25, Fat 0.14g , Carbohydrate 4.67g , Fiber 1.6g, Protein 0.93g
Weight Watcher Points Plus: 0