I picked up a new magazine recently called Better Homes and Gardens. Lots of yummy recipes, the one on the front cover really caught my interest. No-stir lemon risotto was the 4 words that dragged me in. C’mon let’s face it people. Risotto is HARD to make sometimes and this one came out perfect with no troubles at all. Except for the fact that some of the lemon broth had boiled over the pot and kind of stained my oven but cleaning can fix that. I just don’t really like it when that happens.
The risotto was really rich and creamy. This dish almost reminded me of an upscale version of a casserole that my Dad used to make called Chicken Cheese hotdish, and I felt like I was eating in a fancy restaurant with this meal. Loved the chicken too, it was really crispy. Could maybe use some kind of sauce the next time?
2 14.5 ounce cans reduced sodium chicken broth
1 1/3 cups Arborio rice or short grain white rice
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 teaspoons finely shredded lemon peel
2 tablespoons lemon juice
4 6 ounce skinless boneless chicken breast halves
3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
1/3 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
1 teaspoon dried oregano
2 eggs lightly beaten
1/4 cup milk
3 tablespoons olive oil or vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups frozen peas
1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
1. In a medium saucepan combine broth, rice, onion, and lemon juice. Bring mixture to boiling; reduce heat. cover and simmer for 18 minutes.
2. Meanwhile place each chicken breast half between two pieces of plastic wrap. Using the flat side of a meat mallet, pound chicken lightly to about 1/4 inch thick . discard plastic wrap.
3. In a shallow dish stir together bread crumbs, the 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, the oregano, and lemon peel. In a second dish stir together eggs and milk. Dip chicken into egg mixture, then into crumb mixture to coat.
4. In a 12-inch skillet heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken; cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden and chicken is no longer pink. Transfer chicken to a cutting board.
5. Stir peas into the risotto. Cover and cook for 3 minutes more. Stir in the 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese. To serve, slice chicke. Place risotto on a serving dish and top with sliced chicken. If desired, top with additional parsley and lemon peel.