Weight Watcher Recipes
- Nutritional Information
Calories: 256 , Fat: 9g , Protein: 3.5g , Carbohydrate: 39.9g , Fiber: 0.8g, Points Plus = 7
6.75 ounces all-purpose flour (about 1 1/2 cups)
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup (2 ounces) 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup butter, softened
2 tablespoons amaretto (almond-flavored liqueur)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 large egg
1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
1/4 cup 2% reduced-fat milk
3/4 cup finely chopped Gala apple
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 tablespoons butter, chilled
2 tablespoons sliced almonds
1 cup powdered sugar
4 teaspoons 2% reduced-fat milk
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Place muffin cup liners in 12 muffin cups; coat with cooking spray.
3. Weigh or lightly spoon 6.75 ounces (about 1 1/2 cups) flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine 6.75 ounces flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Combine granulated sugar, cream cheese, and 1/4 cup butter in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at high speed until well blended. Add amaretto, vanilla, and egg to sugar mixture; beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended. Combine sour cream and 1/4 cup milk in a small bowl; stir with a whisk until well blended. Combine apple and 1 tablespoon flour in a small bowl; toss well.
4. Add flour mixture and sour cream mixture alternately to sugar mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat just until blended. Fold in apple mixture. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups.
5. To prepare the streusel, combine 2 tablespoons flour, brown sugar, and ground cinnamon in a small bowl. Cut in 2 tablespoons butter with a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse meal; stir in almonds. Sprinkle streusel evenly over cupcakes. Bake at 350° for 27 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 15 minutes on a wire rack, and remove the cupcakes from pan.
6. To prepare glaze, combine powdered sugar and 4 teaspoons milk in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Drizzle glaze over cupcakes.
Today, I’m sucking on the vitamin c drops and drinking lots of water. I developed a little cough yesterday and was so disappointed. I thought since I’ve been really good eating a lot of fruits, that I wouldn’t get one for awhile at least anyway. Bummer!
I bought the new Zumba Wii game over the weekend and I love it. It’s so much fun, and a great work out. The music is way better than the one Zumba work out DVD that I bought, and they do a better job at teaching you the dance moves. I really want to try some more dance games like Just Dance 2 and The Revalation by Michael Jackson. Who needs to take a dance class when you can just learn how to dance from your Wii games?
Now, back to the cupcakes. Why is it than whenever I watch the show Cupcake Wars on Food Network, I crave a cupcake really bad? Maybe I should stop watching that show, because watching it made me want to make these. It’s also kind of funny to watch the judges on that eat those cupcakes. They use a fork and just pick at it. If I were a judge on that show, I’d be picking up the cupcake with my hand and shoving it into it my mouth!
The cupcake part reminded me of a cupcake, but the apple and streusel topping reminded me more of a muffin. They smelled so good baking in the oven with the amaretto, the whole entire house smelled like almonds and apples. I’d make these again but leave out the apples and find and amaretto butter cream frosting to go with these. That would be awesome!