I’ve never tried this before so here it goes. I’m going to show everyone how I edit my food photos in Photoshop. This is how I learned to do it in my camera club. So here it goes.
Find a photo you just recently took like this picture of Chicken Cheese Casserole. You can use this for a test if you want, just click on the file and Save as. If you can’t see any of the demo images just click on them to make them larger.
1. Open up Photoshop.
2. Next, click on File/Open As…. Select Camera Raw as your file. It is OK if your file is in jpg format. Then select the file you want to open. You will have to search for it in the drop down menu.
3. A window like the one below should appear after you click on Open. Notice how dull and drabby the photo kind of looks. This can be fixed in this window.
4. Make the following changes. Adjust the Exposure to +1.15 by sliding the bar to the right and the same for the following. You can move them back and forth, test it out for yourself!
Brightness to +35
Blacks to 10
See how much better the photo looks and also look at the Histogram at the top. That is the one right above the exposure setting and it should look like it’s even. That is how I tell if I’ve adjusted the photo properly. You can also play around with those three settings until you get what you like.
5. After that, click on open image at the bottom after you are done adjusting the exposure, brightness, and blacks levels to your liking.
6. Now you can crop your photo and do whatever you like with it. See how easy that is? No other programs needed!
- 2 Chicken breasts (Un-thawed)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can of french-style cut green beans
- 1 can of cream of chicken soup
- ¼ cup of milk
- 1 cup of cheddar cheese
- 1 cup of flour
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces. Mix flour, salt, and pepper in bowl. Coat the chicken in the flour mixture. In a medium skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of butter over medium high heat. Cook chicken until parts of the chicken start to become brown. You don’t have to cook the chicken all the way because it cooks in the oven.
- Mix cream of chicken soup and milk in bowl and whisk until blended. The milk is to thin out the cream of chicken soup. Drain can of green beans and pour into an 11 X 8 inch casserole dish. Then pour the cream of chicken soup on top of the green beans. Once the chicken is brown, dump over green beans and soup mixture. You do not need to mix them all around. Bake in oven at 375 for 25 minutes. The last 5 minutes sprinkle cheese on top and return to oven until the cheese is melted. Serve over rice.