Have you tried the new Peanut Butter Cup Oreos yet? I don’t know how often Oreos comes out with a new flavor, but I love it when they do. When I find out that they’re out, I’ll go on a hunt to all the grocery stores, Wal-Marts, and Super Targets in town to try and find them. The last flavors Oreos had that were limited edition were pretty good. The Marshmallow Crispy Treat one was my favorite. Watermelon was ok too. I’m still waiting for Oreos to come out with a bacon flavored Oreo. That would be awesome.
I wanted to make something with these oreos and this popcorn hit the spot. The peanut butter cup oreos gave the popcorn a sweet and salty combination. You can do so much just this recipe. It’s only 3 ingredients. I had quite the kitchen disaster after making this too. My popcorn ended up popping all over my kitchen counter, because I didn’t have the cover over it. Then the bag of popcorn kind of split open and there was pop corn seeds all over my kitchen counter. That was not any fun to clean up, but once all the ingredients were in the bowl and combined together it wasn’t so bad. In fact, the popcorn was pretty good. Maybe even too good! I couldn’t stop munching on it, and had to put the rest away.
- 20 Peanut Butter Cup Oreos (crushed)
- 20 ounces of White Almond Bark
- 8 cups of popped Pop Corn
- Microwave 8 cups of pop corn.
- Melt the almond bark in a microwave for 2 minutes and stir after 1 minute to see if the chocolate has melted. Mine took about 1 minute and 45 seconds to melt in the microwave.
- While the almond bark is melting in the microwave, chop the oreos with a knife or crush the oreos in a zip lock bag until finely chopped.
- Stir the almond bark and crushed oreos into the popped popcorn until well combined and enjoy!