This isn’t really one of those crock pot recipes you can leave over the course of the day when you go to work. It’s one of those recipes that need to be made on the weekend. It only takes 2 hours to 3 hours to cook in the crock pot.
This is a Paula Deen recipe that was originally 821 calories per serving. By leaving out the butter and finding low fat substitutes of cheese, sour cream, and milk, you too… can still have mac and cheese on a diet. Rozoni has smart taste elbow macaroni that is full of whole grains and fiber. Now the calorie count is somewhere around 400. Can you believe that? Well, believe me, and it still tastes good. It’s rich and creamy too. Almost reminds me of those velveeta box recipes that you make from the store.
Ingredients from Paula Deen
Paula Deen’s Crockpot Mac and Cheese
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni (I used Ronzoni Heart Taste)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 1/2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese (low fat cheddar)
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream (light sour cream)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Boil the macaroni in water for six minutes. Drain.
- In a medium saucepan, mix butter and cheese. Stir until the cheese melts.
- In slow cooker, combine cheese mixture and add the eggs (I omitted the eggs), sour cream, soup, salt, milk, mustard and pepper. Add the drained macaroni and stir again.
- Cook on low for 2 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally.
I used all low fat ingredients and left out the butter and eggs. Feel free to still add in those ingredients, but it will be more points.
Weight Watcher Points Plus: 7
- Serving Size: 8
- Calories: 270
- Fat: 13
- Carbohydrates: 27
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 14