A Chipotle is coming to Fargo and this is a Copy Cat recipe of their Barboca Beef. My brother raved about it for quite some time and I finally got to try one when I was visiting Minneapolis for a wedding. The burritos at Chipotle are about the size of your head, and there’s no way I could eat one of those in one sitting. There’s gotta be at least 4 servings in one burrito. I like rice bowls, they pretty much have everything in them besides the tortilla. Ben doesn’t like Chipotle because they put cilantro in everything of course!
The beef is marinated in Cumin, Adobo, and garlic and slow cooked for 8 hours on low. So juicy and tender, I do believe this is the best roast I’ve ever cooked in awhile. I wanted to make some spicy black beans for this but I was out and didn’t have any. 🙁 Next time. Chuck roast is pretty awesome.
The Pico de gallo that goes on top of the beef is good the next day with chips. 🙂Print
Slow Cooker Barboca Beef
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 3-4 pound chuck roast, fat trimmed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 bay leaves
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- cloves garlic
- teaspoons ground cumin
- tablespoon dried oregano
- teaspoons ground black pepper
- /8 teaspoon ground clove
- canned chipotle peppers (packed in adobo sauce)
- tablespoon adobo sauce (from the chipotle pepper can)
- cup chicken broth (or 1 cup water and 1 teaspoon chicken base)
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
For the rest of this recipe please visit Slow Roasted Italian and get other recipes for the rice and pico de gallo there as well.