I had some leftover streusel topping from the apple crisp pizza that I made yesterday. In fact, there’s STILL streusel topping leftover. I’m thinking after these muffins, I might have to make an apple crisp.
I attempted to make some pumpkin doughnuts with a box of cake mix, a can of pumpkin puree, and some water. They ended up being too soft and fell apart in the glaze. Ok, that didn’t work,so muffins it is! Since the streusel topping was already made from yesterday’s recipe, this was super fast! Mix the pumpkin, cake mix, and water in a bowl. Scoop into muffin tin pan, and top with streusel topping. Bam! Super fast easy muffins.
Can you believe it’s already the middle of September? This month is going by fast and I already have Halloween recipe ideas that I can’t wait to try.Print
Pumpkin Streusel Muffins with Maple Glaze
- 1 box of yellow cake mix
- 1 can of pumpkin puree
- 1 cup of water
- Streusel topping (leftover from Apple Crisp recipe)
- Maple Glaze
- 3/4 cup of powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons of maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a bowl, combine cake mix, pumpkin puree, and water. Scoop the batter into muffin tins with paper liners.
- Top the muffins with 1 or 2 tablespoons of streusel topping. Bake in 350 degree oven for 20-25 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean.
- While the muffins are cooling make the maple glaze. Combine the powdered sugar in a bowl with the maple syrup until smooth. Drizzle over cooled muffins.