This apple crisp is a lightened up version of the classic. Apple Crisp has always been my favorite Fall treat to look forward to. I remember the very first apple crisp recipe I ever made and that had over a stick of butter in it. Yikes! This recipe still has all the basic apple crisp ingredients but only 3 tablespoons of butter. There now, isn’t that better than 1 stick of butter? I still think there needs to be some kind of fat, because I don’t know what else you use instead of the butter? I TRY to make healthy desserts all the time, but every now and then I still want a really bad for you dessert.
The Walking Dead did not disappoint last night! The show made me scared, excited, and sad. What kind of show can make you experience all those same emotions at once? I was yelling at my tv like men do when they watch football. Go Carol, you bad ass! Go Tyrese. Ha ha. I don’t want to spoil anything for people who haven’t seen it yet. Spoilers stink.Print
Weight Watcher’s Apple Crisp
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, plus 2 Tbsp
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats (not instant)
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 tablespoons light stick butter, diced
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 3 lbs golden delicious apples or 3 lbs jonathan apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 375°F Spray a shallow 1-1/2 quart baking dish with nonstick spray.
- To make the topping, combine the 1/2 cup flour, the oats, brown sugar, ginger, cinnamon, and salt in a medium bowl. With a pastry blender or 2 knives used scissor-fashion, cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add the water and firmly press mixture to form clumps.
- To make the filling, mix the granulated sugar, the 2 tablespoons flour, the nutmeg, and cloves in a large bowl. Add the apples and vanilla; mix well. Transfer to the baking dish. Sprinkle the topping over the filling. Bake until the filling is bubbling and the topping is golden, 55 – 60 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Weight Watcher Points Plus: 6
Smart Points: 7
Divide into 8 equal servings
- Serving Size: 8