I’ve been eating a lot of eggs lately with an English muffin. I was getting kind of bored of that, so I changed it up a bit. I can’t get enough of English muffins with the nooks and crannies and then a little melted butter on that. Yummmmmm….. Sometimes, I’ll add some bacon on top and cheese to make a breakfast sandwich. Spaghetti Carbonara is almost like a deconstructed version of that sandwich. The noodles are the English muffins that the cheese and egg sticks too, and then the bacon. If you use whole wheat spaghetti noodles this dish can be fairly healthy. I figured out the points plus for this and the serving size is 4 so the points plus is 6. That’s not bad!
I was always scared of making spaghetti carbonara at first because of the eggs. Was always worried that they would scramble. If you take the noodles off the heat but while the noodles are still hot, toss the eggs in there and then add the cheese and pasta water. There’s nothing better than some noodles with eggs, bacon, and cheese on top. The nutrition info is based off of whole wheat noodles. I used regular spaghetti noodles in the pic.
Weight Watcher’s Spaghetti Carbonara
- 8 ounces spaghetti (use whole wheat spaghetti for NI)
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions; reserve 1/2 cup water and drain well.
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs and Parmesan; set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add bacon and cook until brown and crispy, about 6-8 minutes; reserve excess fat.
- Stir in garlic until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in pasta and egg mixture, and gently toss to combine; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Add reserved pasta water, one tablespoon at a time, until desired consistency is reached.
- Serve immediately, garnished with parsley, if desired.
Recipe adapted from Damn Delicious
Points Plus: 7
- Serving Size: 6
- Calories: 269
- Sugar: .9
- Fat: 7.66
- Saturated Fat: 3.33
- Carbohydrates: 34.37
- Fiber: 2.1
- Protein: 14.55