Bacon wrapped stuffing is the ultimate Thanksgiving appetizer. Screw serving stuffing as a side dish for Thanksgiving this year and make these little puppies instead. 🙂 I first tried bacon wrapped stuffing at a friends house and I remember it being the best thing I ever had at that party. I asked how it was made and it couldn’t be easier. Just take a package of cooked stuffing mix and wrap some bacon around it and pop them in the oven. For my stuffing I added some sausage, cranberries, and apples, and a little sliced almonds. Next time, I’m cooking the apples in a pan. I just kind of threw them with the stuffing. Not good.
FYI: The bacon was not raw. It’s just the lighting in the pic.
Stuffing is one of those sides that has always intimated me trying to make. I don’t know why because it’s just cut up bread, and add whatever you want to that bread. And then poor in the chicken stock. Pretty easy if ya don’t ask me. I like making it easy too.Print
Bacon Wrapped Stuffing
- 1 box of Stove Top Stuffing Mix
- 1/2 cup of cooked sausage
- 1/2 cup of dried cranberries
- 1/2 tsp of poultry seasoning
- 1 apple, diced
- 2 cups of low sodium chicken stock
- 1 pound of bacon, cut the strips in half
- In a bowl, combine the stove top stuffing mix, cooked sausage, cranberries, poultry seasoning, and diced apple into a bowl. Add in the chicken stock.
- Pour into a 9X9 baking dish and bake in an oven for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cut the strips of bacon in half. Place about a tablespoon of the dressing mixture in the center of the bacon and then roll it up. Place on sheet tray lined with foil.
- Repeat this process until all the bacon is used up.
- Bake the bacon wrapped stuffing in a oven until the bacon is cooked. I used the same temperature as the stuffing for 18-20 minutes.
Well, we got our turkey breast last night at the grocery store. We always brine ours with Alton Brown’s Turkey Brine recipe. Probably one of the best turkey brine recipes out there. Instead of baking ours in the oven, we smoke turkey. This year, I might even wrap it in some bacon. Go figure right?