Aloha from Hawaii. I WISH I was in Hawaii right now. My friends are there soaking up the sun right now and I am so jealous of them! You should have packed me in your bags!
This weekend, I cooked a 7.8 pound ham. That’s a lot of ham for only two people living in one house. There was a brown sugar glaze recipe that I wanted to try, and the ham ended up over cooking. The recipe was planned to go on this blog, but never ended up getting on here because of the burnt crispy edges around the ham from the sugar glaze. There was a lingering smell of burnt brown sugar in our house for awhile, and that is not the most pleasant smell. Ewwww! A burnt ham wouldn’t look good in a photo. So now there’s a lot of ham left, where I’m having to come up with new recipes with. Hence these Hawaiian Quesadillas.
This is so easy, that it really doesn’t even need a recipe. Just take one 8 inch flour tortilla, spray a nonstick pan with cooking spray and lay the tortilla down on there. Next, cut up some ham, take out some pineapple salsa (can be store bought) and lay on the cheese. Wait until the flour tortilla is golden brown and the cheese has melted. Takes less than 10 minutes to prepare. I used Whole Foods pineapple salsa. This is so good and tasty, I’ve made these Hawaiian quesadillas three times now this week.Print
- 1 8 inch flour tortilla (Tumaros Low in Carb Wraps)
- 3 oz of ham, cooked and diced
- 2 tablespoons of pineapple salsa
- scallions (optional)
- 1 oz shredded monterey jack cheese (lite)
- Cooking Spray
- Turn the burner on to medium high heat.
- Spray a non stick skillet with cooking spray..
- Place the tortilla over on the skillet. On one side of the tortilla lay the diced ham, 2 tablespoons of pineapple salsa, and cheese on top. Scallions are optional if you want them inside. Fold the other side down and cook the tortilla on each side until the outside is golden brown and the cheese has melted.
- Serve with fat free ranch dressing if desired.
WWP+ = 9 per quesadilla
Smart Points: 7
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 344
- Sugar: 2
- Fat: 22
- Saturated Fat: 7
- Unsaturated Fat: 1
- Trans Fat: 1
- Carbohydrates: 20
- Fiber: 8
- Protein: 27