You guys need to make these kabobs at your next out door BBQ! Bacon weaved in between chicken, pineapple, onions, and bell peppers, and then covered in a pineapple glaze. These are sooooooooo good. I mean, I’ve seen bacon pretty much with all these ingredients… Bacon wrapped chicken, bacon wrapped pineapple, and the smell of bacon and onion cooking together in a pan is pretty much to die for. How can these be bad?
Grilled onions and bell peppers are my favorite, and if you’ve never had grilled pineapple before you’re in for a treat! Happy grilling!
Bacon, Pineapple, Chicken Kabobs
- 2 pounds of boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 large pineapple, cut into 1 1/2 inch chunks
- 2 large red bell peppers, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 large onion, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 12 strips of thick cut bacon
- FOR THE HAWAIIAN SAUCE:
- 1 1/2 cups pineapple juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 long skewers
- To make the Hawaiian sauce: Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan and stir until the cornstarch is dissolved. Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 2 minutes. Set-aside until ready to use.
- Thread the skewers. Weave the bacon around each piece of chicken and pineapple, stick the bell pepper and onion together and weave the bacon around both of those. You’ll need two strips of bacon per skewer if using 4 pieces of chicken and 3 pieces each of pineapple, bell pepper and onion. Brush some olive or vegetable oil evenly over each kabob.
- Preheat the grill to medium high. Grill the kabobs for 10-15, turning a couple of times, until done.
- Slather with hot Hawaiian sauce and serve immediately.
Recipe from tablespoon.com
Makes 8 servings
5 smart points
- Serving Size: 1 skewer
- Calories: 293
- Sugar: 20
- Fat: 9
- Saturated Fat: 1
- Unsaturated Fat: 3
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 22
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 20