Sorry if any of you had some trouble connecting to this site today. I noticed it was down in the morning, so I contacted my host and they fixed it. Then it was down again this afternoon for a bit, and the tech guy said I had to buy some more RAM for my site. Talk about frustrating. Hopefully that doesn’t happen again.
What do I love about Tostadas? They’re like a Taco, but they’re flat tacos. You can top them with whatever Mexican ingredients you have in your fridge. That, and they take no time to make at all either. Less than 10 minutes tops. While your oven is preheating heat up the beans in a sauce pan and gather up all your ingredients. Speaking of ingredients, my favorite new Mexican ingredient has been Cotija cheese lately. I’ll put that shit on top of anything almost. It’s really good on top of corn on the cob.
Let’s talk about seasoning. To spice up the beans a bit, I added in some cumin (which should be in any Mexican dish), chili powder (should also be), and Mrs. Dash Extra Spicy Seasoning Blend. The reason why I love Mrs. Dash is that it is salt-free and makes the beans extra spicy. This post isn’t sponsored by Mrs. Dash, just expressing my love affairfor their salt-free seasoning blends. Sorry to all the other seasonings, I apologize.Print
Spicy Bean Tostadas
- For the Beans
- 1 12 oz can of Refried Beans
- 1 tsp of cumin
- 1 tsp of chili powder
- 1 tsp of Mrs. Dash Extra Spicy Seasoning Blend
- 6 6 in flour tortillas
- pico de gallo
- cotija cheese
- ice berg lettuce, shredded
- Favorite dressing
- Pepper Jack Cheese
- In a small sauce add the can of beans and spices. Cook the beans until they are heated through, about 5 minutes.
- While the beans are cooking, preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place two tortillas in the middle the oven rack. No pan needed. Bake the tortillas for about 7 minutes or until they start to turn a golden brown color and are crispy.
- When the tortillas are done baking, top the tortillas with some refried beans, the cheese, lettuce, pico de gallo, and cotija cheese.
1 tostada: 3 smart points