Individual Microwave Apple Crisp is ready in less than 10 minutes and tastes just like the apple crisp you would bake for hours on end in the oven!
I have absolutely fallen in love with this idea for a couple of reasons.
1. I don’t have to bake a whole 9X13 casserole dish full of apple crisp. It would be a lot to eat for just one person.
2. The flavors are pretty amazing, tastes just like apple crisp and it’s only for one person.
3. I could eat this apple crisp for breakfast. I kid you not! It’s healthy cause it’s got oats, coconut oil, apples, and chopped pecans on top. Does that not sound like apple pie oatmeal to you? I wouldn’t judge you either if you ate this for breakfast.
Apples are my second favorite Fall treat next to pumpkin. Honey Crisp are my favorite. I was kind of ticked off when they had Gala apples on sale this week. I don’t find them to be as good as the Honey Crisp but I got one anyway.Print
Individual Microwave Apple Crisp
- For the apples
- 1 Honey Crisp Apple, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of white sugar
- 1/4 tsp of pumpkin pie spice
- For the Topping
- 1 tsp of coconut oil (melted)
- 1 tablespoon of quick cooking oats
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon of whole wheat flour
- In a bowl mix together the ingredients for the apple.
- In another small bowl, mix together the ingredients for the topping. Melt the coconut oil for a couple seconds in the microwave until melted. Pour the coconut oil into the oatmeal mixture and stir together.
- Spray a small ramekin with cooking spray. Place the apple mixture in the ramekin first. Then top with the oatmeal mixture. Microwave for 5 minutes. You can serve this with whipped topping or whatever you like, I didn’t bother with any of that cause it’s extra points.
WWP+ = 10
Yay this is kind of high in points but just think of all the healthy ingredients in this! Coconut oil and pecans are healthy fats. 🙂
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 316
- Fat: 10.7
- Carbohydrates: 64.7
- Fiber: 7