Apples and Pork Chops cooked together in one skillet and topped with pecans and maple syrup! Hardly no clean up necessary.
This is going to be your new favorite dish for pork chops! Sautted apples with brown sugar and pecans on top of a nicely golden brown pork chops. It’s the perfect low carb meal served with a side of vegetables such as broccoli and great for Fall. Pork chops take no time to cook, about 4-5 minutes per side depending on how thick they are. Mine were about an inch thick. The apples are done cooking in 2-4 minutes so this comes together in less than 15 minutes. Easy, easy, easy!
The key to getting quickly cooked pork chops is to have a really hot pan. They will start to turn a golden brown color a lot faster. Use the leftover brown butter that the apples were cooked in and pour that over the top of the pork chops. Delicious! Will be taking the pork chops for leftovers tomorrow.
One Skillet Pork Chops and Apples
- 4 boneless pork loin chops, cut 3/4 to 1 inch thick
- Salt Ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup thinly sliced red apple (1 medium)
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons of maple syrup (optional)
- Trim fat from chops. Sprinkle chops with salt and pepper; set aside.
- In a large skillet melt butter over medium heat until it sizzles. Add apple; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Push apple to sides of skillet. Add chops; cook for 4 minutes. Turn chops, moving apple aside as needed. Spoon apple slices over chops. Sprinkle with pecans and brown sugar.
- Cook, covered, for 2 to 4 minutes more or until an instant-read thermometer inserted in center of chops registers 145 degrees F. Serve chops with apple slices and cooking juices.
Recipe adapted from [url:1]BHG[/url
PointsPlus = 10 (1 pork chop)
SmartPoints = 11
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 400
- Sugar: 12
- Sodium: 314
- Fat: 18
- Saturated Fat: 6
- Carbohydrates: 14
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 44