There are 33 million people in the World playing Pokémon right now. I’ll have to admit, I am one of them. I got a little bit curios when I saw 2 kids playing it my driveway one night, and I was wondering if there was indeed a Pokemon in my driveway. Sure enough, when I downloaded the app there was. I was tempted to find more Pokémon after that, they are addicting and darn cute. My friend caught Ghastly today by one of the Pokéstops by my work.I He is my favorite character so far. There’s a ton of lures and Pokestops in the area where I work at, and I admit that during my break, I’ll go to the place and try to find them. One of the candy stores has a wifi connection that you can hook up to.
Are you playing Pokémon yet? I’ve read so many great stories about how some guys have actually got dates playing the game, and how some people have lost weight. What’s your Pokemon story? I just liked the game so much that I decided to make some PokéBall cupcakes. They almost look like a fishing bobber to me.
Pikachu picture found here.
For the cupcakes I just made some basic ones from the box and then made my own butter cream frosting. I piped on the frosting and then used some black food gel to make the outline of the ball.
I’m not the best cupcake decorator, but I try. 🙂
Poké Ball Cupcakes
- 1 cup of butter, softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- red food coloring
- 1 tube of black food gel
- 2 piping bags or sandwich bags will work
- Using a stand or hand mixer, blend butter until smooth & creamy.
- Add powdered sugar 1/2 cup at a time until fully incorporated.
- Add vanilla and mix well.
- Add heavy whipping cream and blend well until full mixed in.
- Fill pipping bag and pipe onto cake or cupcakes.
- Divide the frosting in half. Dye one of them red and leave out the vanilla. The vanilla will make the frosting look more dark. Frost one half of the cupcake with white and the other half with red. Then pipe a little circle around the center. Use black food gel to make the outline around the ball.