Cheesy Chicken Green Bean Bake
- 1 cup white instant rice or brown instant rice
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 can cream of chicken
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 can of French style green beans, drained
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth
- Extra cheddar cheese for topping
- 3 small chicken breasts
- Heat oven to 375°F/190°C.
- In a casserole dish, combine rice, pepper, onion powder, cream of chicken, cheese, green beans and chicken stock. Mix until everything is combined.
- Lay chicken on top of the rice mixture. Space evenly.
- Cover with foil and bake for 50 minutes.
- Take off cover and top the chicken with more cheese. Bake uncovered for another 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Smart Points: 4 (with rice)
Smart Points : 2 (without rice)
(Divide into 8 equal portions)
This casserole when you take it out of the oven is a little soupy, but if you let it sit out for 10 minutes or longer it thickens up quite a bit.
Use Instant Rice not long grain or brown rice. The time in the instructions was meant for Instant rice. Using any other type of rice please cook longer.
Cook uncovered for 10 minutes to let the cheese melt.
Watch video on how to make it.
Drain the green beans.
- Serving Size: 8
- Calories: 259
- Sugar: 1
- Fat: 10
- Saturated Fat: 4
- Carbohydrates: 14
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 27
I know I’ve posted this recipe before, but this is an upgrade to one of my most favorite recipes ever! Chicken Cheese Hotdish!
My Dad has this hot dish that my whole family loves. It has chicken, green beans, cheese, and rice in it. It takes awhile to prepare because you have to brown the chicken and boil the rice, then bake it in the oven for 30 minutes. I was watching one of those videos on Tasty’s facebook page the other day ago, and they had this recipe called Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Bake. The video showed everything including the rice being cooked in one dish. How brilliant! I can use that idea to make my Dad’s casserole dish and sure enough it worked! It was still the same creamy cheesy casserole that everyone loves and I saved a couple of dishes and steps doing it that way. I’ll be using that method from now on.
I just love finding easier ways to make one of your favorite dishes!