Easter Crack – your family will be asking you for this recipe over and over again because it is so addicting! Fun and Festive Easter toffee.
Easter is coming up pretty quick and last weekend I was already buying the candy. That’s the best part about Easter right? My favorite is the Starburst jelly beans and those Reese’s peanut butter eggs.
This recipe is based off a recipe for sweet and saltines. It’s basically saltine crackers with caramel sauce and melted chocolate on top. The butter and sugar kind of soak into the crackers making it look like toffee almost. I just changed the chocolate to white chocolate chips and added different Easter candy on top. It’s so good! I had to hide it because I’m watching my calorie intake now.
Most of you come here for Weight Watcher recipes and this is not a healthy recipe by any means. I like to to also keep up with trends and the different Holiday seasons.Print
- Cooking spray
- 35 to 40 saltine crackers
- 2 sticks (1 cup) butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 8 ounces white chocolate chips (about 1⅓ cups)
- 1 cup of M&M’s the pastel colored ones
- 1 cup of malted chocolate covered eggs
- 10 crushed pretzels
- Easter sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Line 1 large or 2 small jelly-roll pans with aluminum foil, spray with nonstick spray and arrange the saltines salt-side down in a single layer. In a medium saucepan, melt the butter and brown sugar together and boil until it turns a caramel color, a few minutes. Remove from the heat and pour over the crackers, covering them evenly.
- Put the jelly-roll pan into the oven and bake for 3 to 5 minutes, or until just bubbly, watching carefully. Remove from the oven and pour the chocolate chips over the crackers. When the chips melt a bit, spread them over the crackers with a knife.Top with M&M’s, malted eggs, pretzels and sprinkles. Drizzle some green chocolate chips on top if desired.
- Transfer the pan to the freezer for 15 to 20 minutes, or until completely cold. They will form one big sheet. Break up into pieces. Store in an airtight container.
Smart Points: Too many to count
- Calories: 576
- Sugar: 60
- Fat: 31
- Saturated Fat: 16
- Carbohydrates: 76
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 2