Yo everybody! Can you believe it’s already March on Thursday? I can’t! I’m so looking forward to Spring, because I think I’ve been experiencing SAD lately and I think everyone else that lives in the Midwest is probably experiencing that as well. Like the people over at Pinch of Yum! SAD is called Seasonal Affective Disorder. It’s getting towards the end of Winter slowly but surely and everyone that speaks to me lately is ready for it to be other with. The nurse was telling me today, you know it’s a good thing when ice fishers are asked to take down their houses out on the lake. I’m waiting for everything to melt and to spend more time in my patio. This weekend, I picked up some patio furniture for that and I can’t wait to get rid of everything that is out there and replace it with the new stuff coming in! Redecorating your house is so much fun. Last week I even put in new windows.
Have you noticed all the low point foods people are trying to recreate? That is why today, I bring you these 1 point meatballs. They are 1 point because the choice of meat I used was ground beef. It’s kind of amazing all the other ingredients that goes into these meatballs and the meatballs still come out to be 1 point each. 🙂 Look for a 0 smart point marinara sauce recipe coming soon! The only thing that I wish I could have done different was used really finely chopped onion because the onions in my meatballs were rather big. They are still super tasty though. 🙂
Notes: Use a food processor to mince the onions really fine or combine everything in that. I just used a bowl and my hands to mix all the meatball ingredients together.
Don’t like ground beef? Replace it with chicken or turkey
What to serve with these meatballs? In the picture below, I used 1 cup of spaghetti noodles which comes out to be 5 smart points. Then find a low point marinara sauce to go with it or make your own. 🙂Print
1 Smart Point Meatballs
- 1 lb 93/7 lean ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup of bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup of diced onion (dice really fine)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons of reduced sugar ketchup (such as Heinz)
- 1 tablespoon of fresh parsley
- 1oz of grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp each of salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Spray a large cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Mix together onion, bread crumbs, garlic, egg, cheese, ketchup, salt, pepper and parsley in a large mixing bowl.
- Add in ground beef and mix gently until combined. Do not overwork. Form into 1-inch balls and place on prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until meatballs are browned and cooked through.
Makes 20 meatballs
1 meatball is 1 smart point
- Serving Size: 1 meatball
- Calories: 56
- Sugar: 1
- Fat: 3
- Saturated Fat: 1
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 1
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 6