I recently had to make a batch of my bacon chocolate chip cookies that were featured in the 50 Shades of Bacon Cook Book for a possible client. Instead of using all butter for the fat which normal cookies call for, I opted to replace some of the fat with bacon grease. I do keep a jar of bacon fat in my fridge, and yes, I am one of those crazy people that do that. If you have some bacon grease lying around the house use it up in these cookies. The other secret ingredient is the box of instant vanilla pudding. I think that really helps the flavor come out.
I am excited for this weekend to come because I get to actually go to a diner that Guy Fierri went to in Minneapolis MN, called the 1029 Bar. My brother said they have excellent shrimp po boys there but my main interest is the lobster rolls and lobster mac and cheese I saw when that bar was featured on the show. Oh yah, and I also get to make a pit stop at Trader Joe's too. I so love that store.Print
Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Yield: 24 1x
- ½ cup of butter
- 2 tablespoons of bacon grease
- ½ cup of brown sugar
- ¼ cup of white sugar
- 2 eggs 2 cups of flour
- 1 package of instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
- 5 strips of bacon, chopped
- Preheat oven 350 degrees. In a stand mixer, beat together softened butter, bacon grease, and sugars. Gradually add in one egg at a time.
- In a small bowl combine flour, baking soda, and vanilla pudding mix. Stir together and with the mixer still on, gradually add in the flour mixture.
- Gradually add in the chocolate chips and chopped bacon. Bake cookies for 9 to 11 minutes. Note: You may have to press down on the cookies a bit, so that they spread out.
- Makes 24 cookies, 1 cookie per serving
myWW points: Blue 6; Green 6; Purple 6
The recipe says to use 1 tsp of baking powder.
baking soda or powder?