4 smart points | 253 calories
Since starting Weight Watcher’s, I’ve been making these Bacon, Egg, and Hash Brown Stacks religiously. The frozen hash browns are only 2 points if you cook them in a skillet with some non-stick cooking spray. Only 2 points! Ore-Ida makes them and if you can find them they’re worth it. They’re fast, easy, and really filling for only 4 points. The eggs give you some protein. Sometimes, I’ll make 2 of these if I have the points left over. You can’t go wrong with breakfast for dinner.
If you haven’t noticed, my site was down last night and I’m sorry about that. That problem should be fixed now. My server usage was getting really low, and my problem is now solved because I finally upgraded the server. Yay, no more error establishing a database connection or having to go into my control panel to turn that back on.Print
- 2 spray(s) cooking spray
- 4 item(s) frozen hash brown potato patty prepared without fat
- 2 large egg(s)
- 3 large egg white(s)
- 3 oz uncooked Canadian-style bacon, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp uncooked scallion(s), minced, green part only
- 1/8 tsp hot pepper sauce, optional
- 1/8 tsp table salt, or to taste
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, or to taste
- 8 tsp ketchup, hot and spicy variety (optional)
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Place hash brown patties in skillet; cook over medium heat on first side until golden brown, about 7 to 9 minutes. Flip patties; cook until golden brown on second side, about 5 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, coat a second large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-low heat. In a large bowl, beat together eggs, egg whites, bacon, scallion, hot pepper sauce, salt and pepper; pour into prepared skillet and then increase heat to medium. Let eggs partially set and then scramble using a spatula. When eggs are set, but slightly glossy, remove from heat; cover to keep warm until hash browns are finished cooking.
- To assemble stacks, place 1 hash brown patty on each of 4 plates. Top each with 1/4 of egg mixture and serve with 2 teaspoons of ketchup. Season to taste with salt and pepper, if desired. Yields 1 stack per serving.
myWW points: Blue Points: 4; Green Points: 5; Purple Points: 4
- Serving Size: 1 hashbrown + egg
- Calories: 253
- Sugar: 1.94
- Sodium: 307
- Fat: 14.02
- Saturated Fat: 1.092
- Carbohydrates: 20.33
- Fiber: 1.6
- Protein: 10.34