Crispy coconut shrimp is a healthy appetizer that can be made in your air fryer installing of using all the greasy oil. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce. ⠀
- 1 pound of peeled, raw and cleaned shrimp
- 3/4 cup of shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup of panko bread crumbs
- 2 medium eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- cooking spray
- Peel and clean the shrimp.
- In a small bowl beat the two eggs together.
- In another small dish, combine the panko bread crumbs and coconut flakes.
- Salt and pepper the clean shrimp.
- Dip the shrimp into the egg mixture, and then into the coconut/flour mixture. Repeat this step until all the shrimp are breaded.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place a wire rack on a back sheet and lay the shrimp on the wire rack.
- Bake the shrimp for 15 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Air Fryer Instructions: Place half of the shrimp in air fryer basket, and cook at 400°F until golden, 6 to 8 minutes, turning shrimp over halfway through cooking.
Smart Points: 5
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Air Fry or Bake
- Cuisine: Shrimp
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 252
- Sugar: 7.84
- Sodium: 802
- Fat: 11.43
- Saturated Fat: 6.76
- Carbohydrates: 7.9
- Fiber: 1.3
- Protein: 35.05