Let's face it, oatmeal can be very boring. Every morning, I'd have one of those quaker oatmeal packets for breakfast and that got to be very boring. For breakfast now, I like to have one of those sausage, egg and cheese muffins.... Once you try this, oatmeal won't be boring anymore.
It was so easy to make. It's like baking. Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl, all the wet ingredients in a bowl, pour, mix it up a little bit and bake. So easy! The bananas on top, I didn't really care for, but I just loved the combination of blueberries and cinnamon together. Just think of all those oatmeal flavors that you had and all the different possibilities you could do with this. Think I'm going to try apples next.Print
- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- ⅓ cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup blueberries
- 2 cups milk (1%)
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons light butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 ripe banana, peeled, ½-inch slices
- Preheat oven to 375°F and generously spray the inside of a 10-½ by 7 inch baking dish with cooking spray and place on a baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, sugar, baking powder, orange zest, cinnamon, and ½ the blueberries.
- In another large bowl, whisk together the milk, egg, butter and vanilla extract.
- Add the oat mixture to prepared baking dish.
- Add the banana slices to the top then pour the milk mixture over everything. Gently shimmy/shake the baking dish to help the milk mixture go throughout the oats.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until the top is nicely golden brown and the milk mixture has set. For an extra tasty top, sprinkle a tablespoon or so of extra brown sugar on top then place back in the oven under the broiler and broil for 20-30 seconds. Serve warm with an extra sprinkle of sugar or drizzle of maple syrup.
- Slice into 6 equal portions, serving size is 1 slice
MyWW points: Blue: 5; Green: 6 Purple: 5
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 238
- Sugar: 19.3g
- Fat: 5.9g
- Saturated Fat: 2.6g
- Carbohydrates: 41.1g
- Fiber: 4.1g
- Protein: 6.4g