- 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe banana (about 3)
- 1 cup packed brown sugar, divided
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted and divided
- 1/4 cup dark rum or cognac, divided
- 1/3 cup plain fat-free yogurt (including fat-free Greek yogurt)
- 2 large eggs
- 6.75 ounces all-purpose flour (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
2. Combine banana, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 5 tablespoons butter, and 3 tablespoons rum in a nonstick skillet. Cook over medium heat until mixture begins to bubble. Remove from heat; cool.
3. Place banana mixture in a large bowl. Add yogurt, remaining 1/2 cup brown sugar, and eggs. Beat with a mixer at medium speed.
4. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, flaxseed, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and allspice.
5. Add flour mixture to banana mixture; beat just until blended.
6. Pour batter into your prepared loaf pan. Bake for 50 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven; cool 10 minutes in pan on a wire rack. Remove bread from pan; place on wire rack.
7. For the Glaze: Combine the remaining 1 tablespoon melted butter, remaining 1 tablespoon rum, and powdered sugar; stir until well blended. Drizzle over the warm bread.