I took my famous Skinny Bang Bang Shrimp recipe and turned it into a shrimp roll. When you’re craving a lobster roll use shrimp instead. Shrimp is much cheaper than Lobster is. I WISH I could eat lobster every week of my life and live in a mansion, with my own personal chef. That would grand wouldn’t it?
The shrimp is tossed in a spicy yogurt sauce with Sweet Chili and Sriracha sauce. The first time I had Bang Bang shrimp was when I ate at the Ground Round, but their version of Bang Bang shrimp is called Boom Boom Shrimp. Bang Bang sounds a lot better than Boom Boom doesn’t it? I have to admit, when I read that on the menu the name made me giggle just a little bit.
Use a whole wheat hot dog bun such as Arnold’s or Wonder Hot Dog buns. Some buns might very in points plus. The shrimp is a good source of protein and even the sauce has some protein in it.Print
- 1 lb shrimp (about 50 shrimp), cooked or uncooked. shelled or deveined.
- 10 skewer sticks (optional)
- 3 T chobani plain greek yogurt
- 3 T chopped green onion, plus more for garnish
- 1½ T sweet chili sauce (I used Franks brand)
- ½–3/4 T sriracha sauce
- 4 Whole Wheat Hot Dog Buns such as Wonder Hot Dog Buns
- (If you’re grilling on a grill, be sure to soak wooded skewers a couple minutes in water to avoid burning)
- combine yogurt, onion, sweet chili sauce, and sriracha in a bowl and stir well. set aside. (if you want to make the sauce a bit thicker, do 2 T yogurt and 1 T light mayo)
- place 5 shrimp on each skewer
- If shrimp are raw:
- grill on each side for 5-8 minutes, until opaque and cooked through
- If shrimp are pre-cooked:
- Place shrimp skewers on a baking sheet and bake at 350 for 5-10 minutes
- Brush each hot skewer liberally with the sauce, on both sides
- serve immediately
- Serve on toasted hot dog buns.
myWW points: Blue Points: 0; Green Points: 2; Purple Points: 0
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the shrimp
- Calories: 232
- Sugar: 3.24
- Sodium: 605
- Fat: 7.65
- Saturated Fat: .81
- Carbohydrates: 23.79
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 19.4