If you're a fan of savory, meaty, and cheesy sandwiches, then you're going to absolutely love Philly Cheesesteaks on a Blackstone. Originating from Philadelphia, this delicious sandwich is made with thinly sliced beefsteak, melted cheese, and a variety of toppings, all served on a hoagie roll.
Why You Will Love Philly Cheesesteaks
I have two outdoor griddles, a Blackstone and Ninja Woodfire grill. Both of them are really fun to cook on especially when it's warm outside like it is right now.
It's SuperBowl weekend coming up, and these Philly Cheesesteaks would be excellent to make for that!
One of the reasons that people love Philly Cheesesteaks is because of the flavor. The beef is typically cooked with onions, which enhances its natural flavors, and the melted cheese brings a rich, creamy element to the sandwich. Additionally, the toppings - which can include peppers, mushrooms, and even marinara sauce - add a burst of flavor and texture that make the sandwich even more delicious.
Another reason why people love Philly Cheesesteaks is because of their versatility. You can eat them for lunch, dinner, or even as a late-night snack after a night out. They're easy to customize to your liking, whether you want to add more cheese, switch up the toppings, or even swap out the beef for chicken or vegetarian options.
Overall, Philly Cheesesteaks are a beloved sandwich for their delicious flavor, versatility, and ability to satisfy cravings at any time of day.
- Sliced ribeye steak or Steakums (i really prefer thinly sliced ribeye steak over Steakums. I've tried both.
- Hoagie rolls - I love getting the hoagie sandwich rolls from Walmart they are located in the bakery aisle.
- Large onion, sliced can be yellow or white
- Provolone cheese
- Vegetable oil or olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- See the recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
How to Make Blackstone Cheesteaks on a Griddle
Step 1: Preheat an outdoor griddle over medium-high heat. Add the vegetable oil to the skillet.
Step 2: Add the sliced onions to the griddle and cook until the onions are translucent and the peppers (optional) are tender, about 5 minutes. Remove the onions from the griddle and set aside.
Step 3: Add the thinly sliced steak to the griddle. Cook the steak for about 2-3 minutes until no pink remains.
Recipe Tip: If you have a large enough griddle, you can cook the onions and steak at the same time.
Step 4: Divide the steak mixture evenly among the hoagie rolls. Top each sandwich with 2 slices of Provolone cheese.
Place the sandwiches under the broiler until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Serve hot and enjoy your homemade Philly Cheesesteak!
What to serve with Philly Cheesesteaks
One classic side dish that pairs well with Philly Cheesesteaks is french fries. I love serving Arby's Curly fries or any type of frozen french cause you can make them easily in the air fryer. Try my recipe for Air Fryer Bacon Cheddar Fries or Air Fryer Potato Wedges. Frozen Onions Rings in the air fryer is also another good option.
If you want a healthier option, a side salad is always a good choice. You can make a simple green salad with lettuce, tomatoes, and cucumbers or try something more substantial like a Caesar salad. Grilled or roasted vegetables, such as zucchini, bell peppers, or asparagus, can also be a great option.
Finally, if you're looking for something a little more unique, you could try serving your Philly Cheesesteaks with some fried pickles or Air Fryer Frozen Mozzarella Sticks. These fun and flavorful sides can add some extra excitement to your meal. Whatever you choose, make sure it's something you and your guests will enjoy!
How do I store leftovers?
Always store leftovers in clean, food-grade containers. The type of container doesn’t really matter. Use zip lock, glass, plastic, whatever! Make sure to store any leftovers in an airtight container.
Other Recipes to Try
If you tried this Blackstone Philly Cheesesteak Sandwiches orany other recipe on my website, please please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how you go in the 📝 comments below. I love hearing from you! Follow along on Tiktok @jennarecipediariesPrint
If you're a fan of savory, meaty, and cheesy sandwiches, then you're going to absolutely love Philly Cheesesteaks on a Blackstone.
- 1 pound thinly sliced ribeye steak
- 4 hoagie rolls
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 8 slices Provolone cheese
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat an outdoor griddle over medium-high heat.
- Add the vegetable oil to the skillet.
- Add the sliced onions to the griddle and cook until the onions are translucent and the peppers are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Remove the onions from the griddle and set aside.
- Add the thinly sliced steak to the griddle. Cook the steak for about 2-3 minutes until no pink remains.
- Return the cooked onions to the griddle with the steak and toss everything together.
- Divide the steak mixture evenly among the hoagie rolls.
- Top each sandwich with 2 slices of Provolone cheese.
- Place the sandwiches under the broiler until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve hot and enjoy your homemade Philly Cheesesteak!
- Category: Easy
- Method: Griddle
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: blackstone philly cheeseteaks