Meatballs are such a pain in the butt to cook on a stove top. It is so much easier to bake them in the oven. You don’t have to worry about ruining the meatballs when it comes time to flip them, or having grease splatter at you. Trust me, I’ve ruined lots of meatballs in my life trying to flip them over in a pan. I’m making them this way from now on.
I found the meatball recipe on pinterest and the idea to make the bloody eyeballs as well. It’s fun making food for Holidays and trying to come up with what type of food you could use for blood, and eye, brains, etc. The eyes are black olives and the blood is marinara sauce. You could put some mozzarella in the middle of the eyeball or an onion. Whatever you want. These would be really fun for a Halloween Party.Print
- 1 pound hamburger, grass-fed if possible
- 2 eggs, beaten with 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 cup panko or bread crumbs
- 1 small onion, minced or grated (1/2 a large onion)
- 2–3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup minced fresh flat-leaf parsley or basil
- Mix all ingredients with hands. Form into golfball sized meatballs. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Meatball recipe adapted from Cook with Honey
I used marinara sauce for the blood and canned black olives for the eyes.