Browning your butter adds another layer of flavor to your shrimp scampi and when people ask what the recipe is you’ll sound fancy saying the “browned butter.” They will want the recipe.
- 8 ounces of linguine noodles
- 2 tablespoons of finely minced onions
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 3 1/2 teaspoons of chopped garlic
- 20 peeled and deveined shrimp
- salt and pepper
- crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon of chopped chives
- Parmesan cheese for garnish
- Boil the noodles in water for about 4 to 6 minutes.
- While the noodles are cooking cook the onions in a pan with the olive oil. After the onions are done cooking add in the garlic and then butter. Let the butter cook in the pan until it starts turning a golden brown color. Add the shrimp. Cook on both sides for 2 to 3 minutes or until the shrimp have turned pink.
- Place the shrimp on top of the noodles and then top with the sauce. Garnish with parmesan cheese and chopped chives.
myWW points: Blue 10; Green 11; Purple 10 (WW recipe builder)
- Category: Easy
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the pan
Keywords: broowned butter shrimp scampi