When the recipe for 2ID became a thing, one recipe that I really wanted to try and remake was this recipe for Bubble Up Enchiladas. This recipe was the first recipe on my blog that kind of exploded and made my site popular. Now that turkey, corn, and beans are zero points this recipe is super low in points. Thanks to Jennie-0 Turkey for the ground turkey they sent me. If you’re looking for the 99% fat free turkey they do have it on their website. They sent me the 93% fat free ground turkey and the freestyle smart points for that is 5. Using 99% fat-free turkey the serving would be 3 smart points! Isn’t that insane? This recipe used to be 12 smart points per serving. That is cray! This is also super low in points thanks to the 2 ingredient dough recipe and all the 0 smart point foods.
The biscuits take a little bit longer to cook using the 2ID instead of canned biscuits. I added on another 10 minutes.
I cut the dough into about 10 small pieces and scattered them in the casserole dish. They spread out pretty good.
If your biscuits don’t get cooked through, cook them a bit longer.
Have any questions about the dough used in this recipe see the recipe for 2 Ingredient Dough.
You can also bake the biscuits in the oven first for 20 minutes. That way they get cooked through all the way and then pour the turkey mixture on top of the biscuits and bake for another 20.Print
Bubbleup Enchiladas with 2ID
- Yield: 8
- 1 cup of nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 cup of self-rising flour
- 1 lb of 99% fat-free ground turkey or 93% fat-free ground turkey
- 1 cup of reduced fat Colby jack cheese
- 1 10 oz can of enchilada sauce
- 1 8oz can of tomato sauce
- 15 oz can of black beans
- 15 oz can of corn
- For the dough. Mix flour and greek yogurt together in a bowl until a dough forms. Spread flour on top of the work surface and cut the dough out into 10 equal pieces. Evenly spread the dough pieces into a 9X13 casserole dish.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a medium skillet cook the ground turkey until it’s brown and no lo longer pink in the middle. Add in the can of enchilada sauce, tomato sauce, black beans, and corn.
- Add the turkey and vegetables on top of the biscuits in the casserole dish.
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes or until the biscuits are cooked through.
- Once the casserole is done top it with a cup of cheese and place back in the oven until the cheese is melted. Enjoy Cut into 8 equal pieces.
Makes 8 servings
99% FF ground turkey (3 smart points)
93% FF ground turkey (5 smart points)
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 301
- Sugar: 5.4
- Fat: 4.8
- Saturated Fat: 1.8
- Carbohydrates: 37.9
- Fiber: 7.7
- Protein: 27.3