Using store bought cake mix and just 3 simple ingredients you can make these cake batter Oreo blondies in just seconds. This could be dangerous!
I love simple baking recipes like this that require using a box cake mix. You can transform them into just about anything like these easy blondies. Then you can go in your pantry and see what you have to add in the blondies. For this recipe, I used golden Oreos, sprinkles, and drizzled some melted candy bark on top of the blondies. Use your imagination!
This recipe was created back in 2014 and recently updated the post with better recipe instructions and hints to help get the perfect bacon breakfast cups. 5/19/21
Ingredients for Cake Batter Blondies
Cake Mix - Any flavor of cake mix will work! Use Funetti Cake Mix with Birthcake Oreos or Chocolate Cake Mix with Crushed Oreos. The possibilities are endless!
Oil, Egg, and Milk for wet ingredients. They are not the same measurements that are on the back of the box! Do not follow that.
Extra fun ingredients - I used Golden Oreos for this recipe but seriously anything can be added to blondies! Try any type of your favorite chocolate candy, any flavor of Oreo, crushed pretzels, etc...
How to Make Cake Batter Blondies
See and print the full recipe below.
Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Spray 11×7 baking pan with nonstick spray.
Combine first four ingredients in a large bowl. Add the milk slowly. The cake batter will be very thick and dense.
Gently fold in sprinkles and crushed Oreos
Pour into prepared baking pan, sprinkle a few more sprinkles on top, and bake for 25-30 minutes until edges are just turning brown.
Allow to cool for at least 30 minutes so the center sets, before cutting into squares.
Other Recipes to Try
If you’ve tried this Cake Batter Blondies recipe or any other recipe on the site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out. Snap a picture and upload it to share on PinterestPrint
- 1 15.75 oz box of white or yellow cake mix
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup canola oil or vegetable oil
- ⅓ cup of milk
- ½ cup Sprinkles
- 10 to 15 Golden Oreos, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Spray 11×7 baking pan with nonstick spray.
- Combine first four ingredients in a large bowl. Add the milk slowly. The cake batter will be very thick and dense.
- Gently fold in sprinkles and crushed Oreos
- Pour into prepared baking pan, sprinkle a few more sprinkles on top, and bake for 25-30 minutes until edges are just turning brown.
- Allow the blondies to cool for at least 30 minutes so the center sets, before cutting into squares.
- Category: Easy
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 198
- Sugar: 14g
- Sodium: 199mg
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 25g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 1g
Keywords: cake batter blondies