1 cup self-rising flour
1/2 cup white cake mix
1/8 tsp table salt
1 cup(s) 1% milk
1 large egg, separated
2 large egg whites
1 tsp of almond extract
2 tablespoons of rainbow-colored sprinkles
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 tablespoon milk
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- In a medium mixing bowl, using an electric mixer or stand mixer with a wire whisk attachment, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- In another medium bowl, sift together flour, cake mix and salt; then add milk, egg, and almond extract. Whisk to combine. Gently fold egg whites into batter until combined.
- Heat a very large nonstick skillet or griddle over medium heat; spray with cooking spray. Make six pancakes at a time by pouring 2 heaping tablespoons of batter into skillet for each pancake (make sure to leave enough space in between each).
- Cook until bottoms are golden, about 2 minutes; then sprinkle rainbow colored sprinkles on top. Flip and cook until centers are set, about 2 minutes more.
- For pancake cereal: Using a squeeze bottle, add a small amount of batter to the griddle for the recommend 2 heaping tablespoon-size.
- For glaze: Mix together powdered sugar, milk, and almond extract together in a bowl until smooth.
- Makes 12 pancakes. Serving size 1 pancake
MyWW points: Blue: 3; Green: 4; Purple: 3 (1 pancake)
- Serving Size: 1 pancake